Thursday, October 30, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014!

It's that time of year again. It's time to forget your hobbies, your family, your pets, and to wish you could forget your job. It's time to write over 1000 words a day and still feel like inadequate. It's time to become so engrossed in your writing, that all other goals get set aside. It is time for National Novel Writing Month.

This year I really want to win. While I've participated three years in the past and accomplished a lot of worthwhile writing, I've never technically "won" by achieving the 50K words that is the goal. This year, I want that to change. So I've plotted and thought and planned and done just about everything short of starting my project.

What is my project? If all goes as planned, I will be working on a sequel to Beyond the Reach of Judgement. Of course, anyone who has done NaNoWriMo in the past knows that things don't always go as planned. Sometimes things take on a life of their own in November, but as of this moment my current project looks something like this: (SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't read Beyond the Reach of Judgement)



"...the story of Ruth 25 years after the loss of Julien, as she comes to grips with her new life and new role in the world and of Agent Wolf as she nears retirement from the Department of Homeland Security's paranormal unit. Wolf is assigned to one final mission and discovers a strange sense of déjà vu after she finds herself again in Kansas City, MO dealing with dead prostitutes and chasing vampires, and Ruth seeks answers to her draw back to the city where she and Julien first met."


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment